1st IEEE International Workshop on Broadcast and User-generated Content
Recognition and Analysis (BRUREC) will be held on Friday, July 19 2013, in conjunction with ICME
2013, in the Regency Ballroom 2 of the Fairmont Hotel, San Jose, California, USA. See the full schedule of ICME here.
Registration now is OPEN.
aims to focus on algorithms, systems, applications, and standards for
content recognition and analysis that can be applied across video and
audio domains. The workshop will cover all aspects on multimedia data
generated by broadcast media such as TV and Radio as well as
user-generated content such as Youtube and Vimeo.
The following papers are accepted for presentation in the BRUREC workshop:
- CASCADED TRANSFORM SPACE WATERMARKING BASED ON ANALYSIS OF LOCAL ENTROPY VARIATION, Shekoofeh Azizi (Isfahan University of Technology), Shadrokh Samavi, Majid Mohrekesh, Shahram Shirani
- A spatio-temporal INTEREST POINT DETECTOR BASED ON VORTICITY FOR ACTION RECOGNITION, Chen Yuanbo (Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications), Zhixuan Li, Xin Guo, Yanyun Zhao, Anni Cai
- EIGENNEWS: GENERATING AND DELIVERING PERSONALIZED NEWS VIDEOS, Maryam Daneshi (Stanford University), Peter Vajda, David Chen, Sam Tsai, Matt Yu, Andre Araujo, Huizhong Chen, Bernd Girod
- Kuukkeli-TV: Online content-based services and applications for broadcast TV with long-term user experiments, Mika Rautiainen (University of Oulu), Arto Heikkinen, Jouni Sarvanko, Vassilis Kostakos, Mika Ylianttila
- A NEW FACIAL FEATURE BASED ON THE FUSION OF TEXTURE AND SHAPE CHARACTERISTICS, Haibin LIAO (Wuhan University), Liuyun DUAN, Qinghu CHEN, Wenhua DAI (School of Computer Science and Technology, HuBei University of Science and Technology)
- MULTI-CORE BASED PARALLEL N-PATH LABELING HKM CLUSTERING ALGORITHM, Kaiyang Liao (Xi'an Jiaotong University), Guizhong Liu* (Xi'an Jiaotong University), Zhen Qiao, Chaoteng Liu
- A NEW MULTI-SCALE FUZZY MODEL FOR HISTOGRAM-BASED DESCRIPTORS, Lunshao Chai* (Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications), Zhen Qin, Honggang Zhang, Jun Guo, Bir Bhanu
- Leveraging Structural Information in Music-Speech Detection, Jinyu Han (Gracenote), Bob Coover
The following demos are accepted for presentation in the BRUREC workshop:
- EIGENNEWS: GENERATING AND DELIVERING PERSONALIZED NEWS VIDEOS, Maryam Daneshi (Stanford University)
- Automated Video Content Recognition and its Applications, Wilson Harron (Gracenote)
- Workshop date: July 19, 2013
- Paper Submission: March 14, 2013
- Notification of Acceptance: April 17, 2013
- Camera-Ready Paper Due: April 30, 2013
- The paper submission deadline is extended to March 14th.
- CALL FOR DEMOS is available
- The online submission is now open: https://cmt.research.microsoft.com/ICMEW2013
- BRUREC Workshop is endorsed by Special Interest Group on Audio and Speech Processing for Multimedia (SIGASP), IEEE Computer Society.
- Dec 24, 2012: BRUREC is accepted by ICME 2013.
- Email: BRUREC2013 [at] gmail [dot] com